Wednesday, April 22, 2009

It May Not Come Out Exactly the Same Way It Went In

I am STILL cracking up over the results of years of quoting from Ginger Plowman's "Wise Words for Moms" (a WONDERFUL tool for assisting parents in giving their children "wisdom" via "a Biblical reproof") to my kids....

(In DQ drive thru, Noah shouts something unkind at me because he doesn't like my singing)

Me: "Noah, excuse me, son?!?!!?"

MB: "Yeah, Noah--you're inspising destruction!!!!"

(despising instruction...which we've taught them, according to Scripture, is foolish...and they know that foolishness is bound up in the heart of a child, "but the rod of correction will drive it far from him," so when they despise instruction, they can expect a spanking.)

Noah: "NO!" (sings his best Judy Rogers impression) "I'm the one who causes trouble with his brothers!"

No comments:

Post a Comment